International - Registration or Refinalization

Young & Young Attorneys can assist you in the finalization of your international agency adoption. If the adoption was finalized in the foreign country, can walk you through the refinalization process under Pennsylvania law if necessary to obtain a Pennsylvania birth certificate or change the child's name.

If certain circumstances are met, refinalization is not necessary and a Pennsylvania birth certificate can be obtained by registering the adoption with the Clerk of Orphans' Court in the family's county the residence. To determine whether your child's international adoption decree meets the requirements of the registration process in Lancaster County, please call the Clerk of Orphans' Court at (717) 299-8243 for forms and information. For any other questions about the international adoption registration or refinalization process, please contact us.